Birkbeck Primary School Governing Body Information
Governors are one of the largest volunteer forces in the country and have an important part to play in raising school standards. The role of the governing board is absolutely key to the effectiveness of a school.
The role of the governing board is a strategic one, its key functions are to:
- set the aims and objectives for the school
- set the policies for achieving those aims and objectives
- set the targets for achieving those aims and objectives
- monitor and evaluate the progress the school is making towards achievement of its aims and objectives
- be a source of challenge and support to the headteacher (a critical friend)
Our governing body is made up of two sub committees, Standards and Resources. Governors are allocated to a committee based on their expertise and experience. Each committee meets three times a year to provide strategic leadership and accountability in our school. Governors also take part in three full governing body meetings.
Governing Body Structure
Our Governing Body - Who's who...